Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Battle: Los Angeles (2011)


I went into watching this movie very skeptical, mainly because I'm a big fan or war movies and did not think a movie about Marines fighting aliens could really be all that good. Saying that, I did not completely hate it. The idea was kind of out there, I think if this was to really happen the movie would have  ended after the first 20 minutes when they bombed the entire place. Aaron Eckhart did a pretty decent job with his role, but that's not really all his fault. I blame Christopher Bertolini, the writer, for failing to use Eckhart to his full potential. Though Bertolini wasn't all bad, he did manage to get down basic military jargon, which really made the movie what it is. Michelle Rodriguez was also in it, but to be honest I was not surprised, she plays being a bad ass woman very well and that is exactly what she was. Movie ends pretty decently and is action packed, but it's no Saving Private Ryan although it tries to be. I give it a 3/5, though that may be a little generous, if you haven't seen it yet it may not be worth seeing (unless you've seen everything else that is).

14 comments:

  1. This movie was awesome when i saw it, but there really wasn't many aliens in the movie only mostly ships and very few scenes with aliens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? Never even heard of this one before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow i was expecting a lower score for this.. i've heard it's was a big let down.. i'll might check it out now thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. This movie looks interesting, but I'd rather save my time for another.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought it was ok but I wanted more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I heard it was pretty meh

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was so excited when i went to see this, i couldn't even finish the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Angeles Los, do you get it? followed

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds similar to crysis in storyline haha, except with LA in place of NY. followed, nice film reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Appreciate the review, I never saw this movie. Now I never will.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I heard that this movie was a budget film but nice review.

    ReplyDelete