Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Super 8 (2011)


Super 8 may not have been super great, but it sure was pretty good. The movie started out fantastic, had a good deal of suspense, and great dialogue. The scenes were great and really showed what I imagine America during the late 1970s to look like. While watching the movie I couldn't help but think that it was a modern day Goonies. Super 8's cast was relatively child actors and no one really famous prior to the movie was featured in it from what I can recall. If you like sci-fi, thrillers this is one you should really go and see. Mind you it is relatively more of a thriller in the beginning and then shifts towards a hardcore sci-fi towards the end. Oh and if you get bored halfway through I understand, I kind of did too. However I did want to know how it ended and was kind of happy with the ending, not thrilled. J.J. Adams, the writer and director, was also involved with LOST and you can really tell. I'm giving it a 4/5, very pretty movie but it kind of lost me after a while, not the story, just was not really feeling it.

10 comments:

  1. I love JJ abrams! I will watch this movie. thanks for the review! Following you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet deal. I love the fact that there's no spoilers because this is a must see for me. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did'nt really like this movie but nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been torn on whether or not to go see it, I think I'll wait till it comes out on netflix.
    +followed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked it but it kept reminding me of Cloverfield.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I already heard great things about this, though I'm not a huge Spielberg fan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this looks really neat! Thanks for sharing! alphabetalife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I felt the same way... movie started out so strong, and then kinda fell flat at the end for me.

    ReplyDelete