Thursday, July 14, 2011

Zodiac (2007)


This movie is incredible. First of all, I would just like to say it was directed by David Fincher and if you don't know the name you should, he was involved in Fight Club, Seven, and a ton of other great movies (also the Social Network, which I have not yet scene). It starts out following two sides of the same story, the police and a newspaper. Both parties are working to figure out who is responsible for a series of killing in California that are being committed by a person that goes by the alias, the Zodiac. The movie spans a rather large time period but is very easy to understand. Originally it follows Robert Downey Jr., who works for the newspaper, and Mark Ruffalo, who works for the police. Both actor did amazing jobs in their roles, I can see why Robert has gotten a lot of work since then. The second part of the movie follows Jake Gyllenhaal who originally was a cartoonist working alongside Robert. This movie is GOOD, I could not miss a second of it. The music is really creepy and it's one big murder mystery/puzzle. I'm giving it a 4/5 and I really suggest you go out and find a copy of this for the weekend, you will not regret it.

22 comments:

  1. sweet!
    i've played MTG, zodiac was a nice card :>

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh i love murder mysteries, though i have a tendancy to shout out "HE DID IT" at certain points haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a knack for covering movies I haven't watched.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really really good movie. I liked it a lot. I would recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My father told me the book was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thansk for the review + follow

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't like this so much.. i was disappointed with Fincher in this one (along with his next movie the curious case of BB). Best thing about watching this movie was Robert Downey Jr but he stopped appearing after in its middle.. Also that i watched this on a date and afterwards we made out :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think my mom told me she watched this one and that it was a really bad movie. That's usually a good indicator that a movie is good; she has a horrible taste in movies, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice, I'll check this film out for sure. Loved the post, excellent

    ReplyDelete
  10. Huge fincher fan, although i have yet to see this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the reccomendation! I'll have to watch it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haven't heard of it, but may have to watch it now. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gonna have to check it out. I wonder if it's on Netflix.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gonna check it out! Hit me back, alphabetalife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. never saw it, downloading now! +followed

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looking good, I will watch it.

    ReplyDelete